On January 30, 1986, JM Financial was being incorporated, which is a financial services company, and it was incorporated under the name JM Share & Stock Brokers (or JMSSB). It offers services to corporations, high net-worth individuals, financial institutions, and retail investors.
It also offers its services in the several areas of investment banking, trading, institutional equity sales, research and broking, private and corporate asset management, w
ealth management, equity broking, portfolio management, commodity broking, NBFC (or Non-Banking Finance Company) activities, asset reconstruction, and private equity.
On October 29, 2004, the company name was changed to the present one.
Some of the Business areas:
- JM Financial Consultants: It is a private limited company that is an investment banking arm of the company that offers services such as mergers, capital raising, acquisitions, restructuring, financial advisory and private equity.
- Investment Advisory: It offers services such as equity broking, wealth management, and also acts as a financial advisor.
- JM Financial Institutional Securities: It is a private limited company that provides both research & analysis-based broking services to both domestic and offshore institutional customers.
- JM Financial Asset Management: It offers a mutual fund business that has a distributor network of 10,000 spread across 52+ locations in India. It also offers 30 products to more than 4 lakh investors that comprise of both individual and institutional.
- JM Financial Investment Managers is also a private equity fund business arm of an organization.
- JM Financial Ventures invests in several listed equities, pre–IPO, and venture capital opportunities.
- JM Financial Asset Reconstruction Company is also engaged in asset reconstruction and securitization business.
- JM Financial Commtrade is also engaged in the commodities trading business that is supported by a team of experienced research analysts who both track and offer advice to clients on base metals, bullion, crude, and some other soft commodities.
- JM Financial Products is a non-banking finance corporation (or NBFC) that has been engaged in both borrowing and lending activities such as loan against securities and IPO funding.
- JM Financial Securities offered debt financing solutions.
Some of the Achievements:
- 2013: It received the M&A Atlas Awards.
- 2012: Both the UTI MF and CNBC TV–18 Financial Advisor Awards 2012.
- The Great Place conducted the Great Place to Work Awards 2012 to Work Institute, India in Partnership with Economic Times.
- It was India's best dealmakers in 2012 (Business World).
- 2011: IFLR India Awards - It won the ''Team of the Year'' in the Indian Investment Banks section.
- 2010: BSE - D&B Equity Broking Awards in 2010.
- It was also awarded the Best Merchant Banker-Runners Up by Outlook Money NDTV Profit Awards in the year 2008.
- The Company was also judged as the Best M&A House, India by Euro Money Awards of Excellence in 2006.
- In 2004, it was awarded the Best Overall Strategy-Brokers by Asia Money.
- The Company was given a 5 Star award in the aggressive equity category at the ICRA Mutual Funds awards.