Divis Laboratories Limited or DIVISLAB
Divis Laboratories was established in 1990; it manufactures the Active Pharma Ingredients (APIs) and intermediates. It focuses on developing new processes for the production of Active Pharma Ingredients (APIs) & Intermediates. The company has expanded its breadth of working operations in a short period with the purpose to provide complete turnkey solutions to the Indian Pharmaceutical Industry.
And with the five years of experience, and expertise, and a proven track–a record of helping many companies with its turnkey and consulting strengths, it had also established its first manufacturing facility in 1995. Its manufacturing plant is built on a 300-acre site at Hyderabad and its second manufacturing plant is located in Vishakhapatnam on a 314-acre site. It also has a presence in both New Jersey as well as Switzerland.
Currently, both the facilities are engaged in the manufacture of given components:
- Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) & Intermediates for Generics
- The Custom Synthesis of API's and Advanced intermediates for discovery compounds for pharma giants
- Building blocks for Peptides
- Building blocks for Nucleotides
- Chiral ligands
The Company in Hyderabad has also been successfully inspected by the US FDA during September 2000, in April 2004 and even in February 2008. Whereas it's Unit–2 is situated at Visakhapatnam and was also successfully inspected by the US FDA during November 2006 and in April 2009. It also undertakes various FTE/Contract Research on process development for the discovery of new compounds for the leading M.N.C.s across the globe and their consecutive partners for the supply of APIs. The company is global in its outlook & it benchmarks the quality standards, which are the best in the world.
In April 2010, it also received the letter of approval from the Development Commissioner, Visakhapatnam Special Economic Zone, regarding setting up and development of a new manufacturing Unit for pharma ingredients with an estimated investment of INR 200 crore.
Various Businesses of the company:
- Generics – It manufactures the API's for the Generics, and as a company, it understands that continued development is not possible without respecting I.P.R. So, the Divis takes excellent care to ensure that its products or various processes do not infringe the valid patents.
- Intermediates – It supplies advanced intermediates for most of the generic APIs that are already out of patent, as also for those APIs that are about to enter generic status shortly. So, it has tie-ups with both original inventors as well as with the generic API manufacturers too.
- Protected Amino Acids – It has built up a strong base in the manufacture of B.O.C., FMOC, and C.B.Z. Protected amino acids, and the protecting reagents themselves, and the peptide condensing agents who are synthetic, and is natural and novel unnatural amino–acids & oligopeptides.
It has invested heavily in knowledge, equipment, and workforce to expand in this particular technology area, which is both sophisticated and challenging, but of course, rewarding. Currently, Divis is also a significant manufacturer of the protected amino–acids.
- Chiral Synthesis – It is an established & proven expertise in the stereoselective synthesis using chiral ligands, and high yield resolutions using chirally active resolving agents, recovery of determining agents and ligands, recycling of undesirable isomers, recommendations which involve the enzymes and also do the manufacture of novel ligands such as binol, and binap and so much more.
- Carotenoids (Synthetic) and Nutraceuticals –