In 1944, the company was being incorporated as the Escorts Agents. It has been playing a pivotal role in the growth of agriculture in India for more than five decades. Also, it is one of the leading tractor manufacturers in India, and it also offers a comprehensive spectrum of tractors, more than 45+ variants that start from 25 to 80 HP. Some are Escort, Farmtrac, and Powertrac, which are the most popular and widely accepted brands of tractors from the house of Escorts.
Also, a leading material handling as well as a construction equipment manufacturer, even the company manufactures and markets a variety of equipment such as loaders, cranes, vibratory rollers, and forklifts. Currently, it is the world’s largest Pick 'n' Carry Hydraulic Mobile Crane manufacturer.
Currently, in the global marketplace, the company is fast on the path of an internal transformation that will help it to be the key driver for manufacturing excellence on a global basis. For this, it is even going beyond just by adhering to the prevailing norms; also, it is setting its standards and is continuously pursuing them for achieving its desired benchmarks of excellence.
Some of the Products:
- Implements & Trailors
- Hydraulic Mobile Cranes
- 3600 Slew Cranes
- Articulated Boom Cranes
- Railway Equipment
- Auto Component
Some of the Milestones:
- 1944: It was a Launch of Escorts (or Agents).
- 1948: It pioneered farm mechanization in the nation via launching Escorts Agricultural Machines, along with a franchise from the US-based Minneapolis Moline, for marketing tractors, and implements, engines & some other farm equipment.
- 2004: It divested Escotel Mobile Telecommunications to Idea Cellular.
- 2005: It divested Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre (or EHIRC) to Fortis Healthcare.
- 2006: The Company divested in Carraro India.
- 2006: The Company sets up INR 25 Crore facility in Uttaranchal for manufacturing the auto components and railway equipment.
- 2007: Escorts Construction Equipment (or ECEL) was launched. The TRX series of Pick-n-Carry Cranes in the 23T, 17T, and 16T Category.
- 2008: Also, the Escorts Construction Equipment was tied up with the Construction Industry - Development Council for providing accredited training programs.
- 2009: Also, the Escorts Construction Equipment tied up with Zoomlion, China.
- 2011: The Company signed an exclusive agreement with the European firms for the disc brake system for railway coaches.
- The Company launched the New Powertrac Ds–Plus Tractors in Hyderabad.
- The Company tied up with Amul Industries for the Mini Tractors.
- The Company launched the India's first Executive Tractor.