July 1992, it was being incorporated and received the Certificate of Commencement of Business. In 1999, it also proposed to diversify to consumer durables, two wheeler finance, and more. In 2000, it also reaffirmed the MA ratings assigned to the Fixed Deposit and INR 5 crore medium-term debenture program of the company. An MA rating has also been assigned to its new INR 5 crore Debenture program. Soon in 2006, the company’s General Finance & Leasing Ltd has appointed Mr. I Unnikrishnan, Additional Director, as the Managing Director of the Company. In 2008, the company also appointed Mr. Ashvin Chadda as an Additional Director of the Company.
Some of the Milestones:
- 2009: Manappuram General Finance & Leasing Ltd has appointed Mr. B. N. Raveendra Babu as an Additional Director on August 17, 2009.
- The MAGFIL opens its 1001st Branch located at Thrissur town.
- The Kerala superstar Mohanlal signed on to become the brand ambassador for MAGFIL in Kerala.
- Also, the Bollywood action-hero, as well as superstar Akshay Kumar, declared his endorsement of Brand Manappuram.
- The Bollywood and Bengali film star Mithun Chakraborty also signed on as Brand Ambassador for Bengal.
- Also, the company adopts a new name, Manappuram Finance Ltd., in place of the earlier name Manappuram General Finance and Leasing Ltd.
- Also, it provided the given Bonus in the Ratio of 1:1.
- Manappuram Finance: It acquired the milestone of Home Finance.
- It also introduced the fourteenth edition of Dun & Bradstreet India’s premium publication, the ‘India’s Top 500 Companies 2014.’