Piramal Enterprises Limited or PEL
PEL or Piramal Enterprise, which was also formerly known as Nicholas Piramal, is considered one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the country. And being a part of Piramal Group, its healthcare division also contributes 50% to the group’s revenue. Additionally, to healthcare, the company has business interests in the sectors of glass manufacturing, real estate, and retail. The Company operates in the two divisions such as healthcare solutions and the pharma solutions. The PHL is one of the largest custom manufacturing companies that have a global presence in countries such as Asia, North America, and Europe. Currently, the company is operating across many verticals within life sciences, healthcare, and drug delivery systems, financial services, healthcare information management, and contract manufacturing services, and much more.
The Manufacturing facilities:
- Healthcare solutions– It has headquarters in Mumbai, and the company has manufacturing facilities situated in Baddi in Himachal Pradesh and Mulund in Maharashtra.
- Pharma solutions– The manufacturing units of PHL are located at Mahad and Thane in Maharashtra, and Ennore in Tamil Nadu, and Digwal in Andhra Pradesh, and Pithampur in MP or Madhya Pradesh, and Morpeth, Grangemouth, Huddersfield and Billingham in the U.K. and lastly, Torcan in Canada.
Some of the Products and Services:
- Pharma Solutions– Under this segment, the division is engaged in the manufacturing of API and formulations in about 9 therapeutic areas. Also, the company operates one of the leading custom manufacturing businesses worldwide, and due to this, the PHL offers a complete lifecycle partnership to small or virtual and big pharma. It also provides services such as clinical phase APIs, clinical phase formulations, and commercial APIs. This division also offers packaging solutions.
- Healthcare solutions– Under this segment, the PHL has developed multi-ingredient formulations and the single–ingredients products.
Also, PHL has acquired US-based RxElite Holdings and the inhalation anesthetic gas distribution arm of the RxElite. This acquisition gives Piramal ownership of the Holdings' sales and distribution network in the US.
Some of the Milestones:
- The Company's Solutions manufacturing site at Grangemouth, Scotland became the world’s first contract supplier at a commercial scale for the ADCs.
- The Fortune 500 ranks Piramal Healthcare in the top–50 largest organizations across India.
- The Company is ranked 5 out of the top 10 pharmaceutical contract manufacturers worldwide, and it is 1st in India by the ‘UN Conference on Trade and Development’s World Investment Report in 2011’.
- The Company was renamed to Piramal Enterprises Limited.
- Also, it acquires the molecular imaging development portfolio of the Bayer Pharma.
- The Company received Platinum Award for the Manufacturing Excellence by Frost & Sullivan in partnership with the Economic Times in 2012.
- Piramal Water or Sarvajal was honored with ‘Enabling Technology Award of the Year 2013’ by the Frost & Sullivan.