Sun TV Network Limited or SUNTV
The company Sun TV started its journey in April 1993 with a four and a half hours a day time sharing with the ATN Network. Today, it is the second largest television network in India, with Conglomerate, it has power-packed Thirty-Three TV Channels within reach of about more than 95 million households in India. The SunTV Network's channels can be viewed in 27 different countries, which include Canada, U.S.A, Europe, Malaysia, Singapore, Srilanka, Australia, New Zealand, and South Africa.
It has control of about 50,000 hours of original content, which is also an essential driver for any media company and has a presence in countries such as Australia, South Africa, Europe, Asia, USA, and Canada.
The Sun group also has a 45 FM Radio Stations, and Three Daily News Papers such as Dinakaran one of the leading Tamil daily with the daily sales of over 1.4 million copies, and Tamil Murasu which is one of the leading evening Tamil daily and the Six Magazines. Also, the Sun Direct is one of the largest DTH (Direct to Home Satellite TV service) service provider in India with approximately more than 9 million subscribers. And with various divisions such as the Sun Pictures is also the film division of Sun TV Network, and the SpiceJet which is India's most preferred Airline and also IPL Franchise is a division of the Sun TV Network.
Some of the Business activities:
- TV Channels:
It has 33 different channels in four languages such as Tamil, and Telugu, and Malayalam, and Kannada. Some of its channels are KTV, Sun TV, Sun Music, Sun News, Surya TV, Chutti TV, Kiran TV, Gemini TV, Teja TV, Teja News, AdithyaTV, Gemini News, Gemini Music, Udaya TV, Gemini Cable Vision, Udaya2, Ushe TV, Udaya Movies, Udaya Varthegalu and Udaya News.
- FM Radio:
The company has also forayed into the radio broadcasting section and has about 43 FM radio channels. The Sun TV Network became first to open Tamil's first private FM station named as Suryan FM.
- Print Media:
It has three different publications under this section.
- The Sun TV creates Guinness World Record.
- The Sun TV launches four Ad free action movie channels.
- The Sun TV launches three more pay channels.
- The Sun TV Network launches four more channels on DISH Platform, USA.
- The Sun TV Network Inks Agreement with Tamil Nadu Arasu Cable TV.
- The Sun TV Network emerges as the winner of the Hyderabad franchise of IPL.
- The Sun TV launches Kids Channel' Kochu TV.'
- The TiECon "Entrepreneur of the Year" in 2009
- The EINBA News Television Entrepreneur of the Year 2010.
- The Sun TV launches FM station at Gangtok (Sikkim).
- The Sun Network and Network 18 to launch Sun18 for distribution
- CNBC' Business Excellence Award' in 2005 – Kalanithi Maran, CMD, SunTV Network.
- An Outstanding Businessman Award in the Entertainment and Information Sector in 2004 – Kalanithi Maran, CMD, SunTV Network.
- The World's Young Achiever For Creativity in 1999 – Kalanithi Maran, CMD, SunTV Network.
- India's Best Entrepreneur Award In 1999 – Kalanithi Maran, CMD, SunTV Network.
- The Indian Television Academy award for the best Tamil TV Channel for the year 2001– Sun TV.
- The Indian Television Academy award for the best Malayalam TV C