|Date||Open||High||Low||Close||Volume||Delivery %||20-Day sma||50-Day sma||200-Day sma|
Day High Low Range
Past Performance & Moving Averages
|Day’s||Low high range||SMA||Stock performance||Nifty performance|
|Market cap||Book value||stock p/e||Dividend yield||roce||roe||sales growth (3Y)||face value (3Y)|
Tata Chemicals Limited or TATACHEM
It was established in 1939 and became the second largest producer of soda ash in the world with the manufacturing facilities spread across the four continents worldwide. It is also the 'world's second largest producer of soda ash with manufacturing facilities in countries such as Asia, Europe, Africa, and North America. The 'company's industry essentials product range provides the key ingredients to some of the 'world's largest manufacturers of the glass, detergents, and various other industrial products. TCL is the market leader in the iodized salt segment as well as the leading manufacturer of urea and phosphatic fertilizers. It has a urea plant in Babrala in Uttar Pradesh which is the most energy efficient fertilizer plant in India. The Tata Chemicals Innovation Centre is center and home for the world-class R&D capabilities in an emerging area of nanotechnology and biotechnology. The 'company's Centre for Agri–Solutions and Technology also provides advice regarding farming solutions as well as crop nutrition & improvement practices. It has also entered into a JV along with 'Singapore's Temasek Life Sciences Laboratory (Joil) to develop jatropha seedlings to enable biofuels capability. It has a vision which states, ‘‘Serving society through science,'' the company is applying its expert knowledge and experience in sciences, to develop a high–tech and reliable or sustainable products.
Some of the Products:
It manufactures soda ash used to produce glass, soaps, and detergent used in metal refining, textile processing, and so much more. It is also is used in the manufacture of cement and the caustic soda for the manufacturing of cloth, pulp, paper, gypsum which are useful components for pharmaceuticals, insecticides, and bromine.
The manufacturing fertilizer plant, which is located in Babrala has the installed capacity of approximately 8, 64,000 tonnes per year. It contributes 12 % of the total urea produced by the private sector in India.
- Consumer products:
It manufactures salt, sodium bicarbonate, and the baking soda. It makes approximately 3, 50,000 vacuum evaporated iodized salt. It produces the four kinds of salt iodized salt, the crystalline salt, vacuum salt, and the pure salt. It also produces about 50,000 tonnes of sodium bicarbonate p. a. It also provides the hydrobromic acid, liquid bromine, hydrochloric acid, and liquid chlorine.
Some of the Awards or Achievements:
- The TCL has won 11 awards at the 48th Association of Business Communication of India (ABCI) annual awards.
- Its fertilizer business unit has won the Golden Peacock environment management award from the World Environment Foundation.
- Its chemicals unit at the Babrala has won Safety Gold Award from Greentech Foundation, Delhi.
- It was among the top 10 most trusted brands in a survey which was conducted by The Economic Times.
- Tata Salt was selected as the "Mera Brand" in the Consumer World Awards.
- The Kapil Ram Vakil sets up Okhamandal Saltworks.
- As on May 4, VT Krishnamachari, then dewan (administrator) of Baroda, lays foundation stone.
- 1937: The Tata’s approached to take over Okhamandal Salt Works.
- 1939: The Tata Chemicals Limited was incorporated on January 23.
- The Production was severely affected due to the earthquake on January 26, 2001, and
Trading and Investment Terminology