They are also known as a
- It is an individual who provides capital for a business start-up, usually in exchange for convertible debt or ownership equity.
- Over the last 50 years, the number of angel investors has greatly increased.
To improve their odds of getting their investment back, with appreciation, angels often consider the following when evaluating businesses:
- Experience or track record of founders
- Viability of business plan
- An innovative or disruptive product or service
- Whether the business is scalable
- Existing revenue
- An exit strategy
The most common connections to find Angel Investors.
- Venture capitalists
- Crowdfunding sites
- Regional angel networks