Portfolio holdings may cover a variety of investment products, including:
- Mutual funds to options
- Futures and exchange-traded funds
- Relatively esoteric instruments such as private equity and hedge funds.
- These holdings are usually segmented by industry. (Foreign funds may segment by country.)
Portfolio holdings or companies include:
- Real property
- Other business entities
- Assets in which an alternative investment vehicle
- Held either an interest in the securities of or real property interest
- Or has acted as a lender to, the entity or asset.